Friday, January 17, 2014

30 Things Series 9

Look at me! I've been blogging for 9 days! That's just grand and all sorts of lovely.

List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

Ten?! Not that I haven't had many influential people in my life but ten seems like quite a lot of people. Let's see if I can get to ten...

These are in no particular order.

1. J.K. Rowling.
Silly? Maybe. But this woman is so inspiring to me. She started the Harry Potter Series on a napkin. Her first book was rejected many, many times by many, many publishing companies. She showed perseverance and faith in what she created. A person like this gives me hope and determination to write my own story that I can be proud of and not give up on it.

2. My husband.
He is a great man. His life history is not a favorable one, but he has overcome and come out on top. He is my best friend and eternal companion. He is one of the most determined and focused people I know. I'm grateful to have him.

3. Christine Reynolds.
This woman was my Young Womans President, and after I graduated from YWs I had the opportunity to serve with her when I became Laurel Advisor. This woman is one of the wisest and most faithful women I know. I am amazed at her testimony of the gospel, and as a result she is one of the most kind, tenderhearted, and loving people I know.

4. Emma Smith.
I have always looked up to this woman. She is the epitome of grace and strength. I look up to her especially when I am going through hard times. She is a great example of faithfully surviving trials.

5. Family members.
There are a lot of them so this will just be a general one. My family, both close and extended, are made up of many different types of characters. Each one of these people have influenced me and I suppose they have shaped me into who I am, to a certain degree. Ever since I was small, I've always been the observer. The people watcher. I believe that has aided me in deciding who I wanted to be. I would see admirable traits and qualities in some of these people and I would choose to try and have that in my own life. The same goes for not so admirable traits and qualities, except of course, I would choose not to carry on that type of behavior. I find this to be a very great thing, and I'm glad for that.

6. David Skouson.
This man was my piano teacher for...I think 3 years or so (most of high school). He is a very gifted musician and I feel privileged to have had instruction from him. He inspired me to stop limiting myself. Whenever I would say 'I can't do that' he would just look at me and say 'yes you can!' I think he has pushed me harder than any teacher I have had. And I am so glad he did. He also inspired me to have a greater love of music. Not that I didn't have any before I met him. I've been playing piano since I was 4 years old, and I have always loved music but he inspired me to just really love the art and craftsmanship of being a musician.

7. Jeffrey R. Holland.
I love this man. For me, the most inspirational thing about him is that he isn't afraid to stand up. He isn't afraid to talk to people about what the Holy Ghost tells him to. He has confidence in the Savior, and I admire that tremendously. I always get so excited when he speaks in General Conference or any other church function because I know I'm going to be told something bold and truthful. We need more of that in this world if you ask me.

Okay....seven is good right? I'll probably think of more. Maybe I'll put them on here later...
Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment