Friday, January 24, 2014

30 Things Series 12

Describe a typical day in your current life.

A typical day in my current life... okay I'm going to change this a little bit. Is that allowed? Are the Almighty 30 Things Series people going to smite me if I attempt to take this into my own hands?

I would like to change this to: Describe a typical week in your current life.
I'm changing this because some of my days are very similar (and boring) and some days are very different from other days. And it is like that every week.

Here we go.

Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
These are the days where the husband works from 1:30pm-10:00pm.
On these days Josh and I get up when Kaden decides he's ready to greet the day (anywhere from 7:00am-8:00am). We eat breakfast, get ready for the day, play with Kaden, and discuss what that day is going to entail.
And then we do it!
The typical things will include: homework, dishes, laundry, chasing Kaden, feeding Kaden, changing Kaden, running errands, blah blah blah.
Once Josh heads off to work, I'm stuck at home because we only have one car. It can be a little annoying sometimes but its kind of a good thing because if I could go out all the time without my husband I would probably spend money that I shouldn't be spending (heh heh).

Tuesday, Thursday.
I have to mentally prepare myself for these days.
Josh has school and work on these days so he is gone from 8 in the AM till about 10:15 in the PM.
So. These days can be a little hard. Especially if Kaden decides that he hates life that day or doesn't want to take a nap. Or both.
It's hard having no help on these days but I deal with it. I can do it. It's getting easier. I'm just exhausted once I put Kaden to bed at night.

Friday!
It's shoppin' day! Call me weird, but I love grocery shopping. I used to hate it, but now that I've gotten really good at stretching a dollar it's so much fun for me! For example, last week I was buying ground beef and it was on sale! And not only that, but there were all these little stickers on the packages giving you an extra dollar off! I bought ground beef for 3 bucks! How great is that?
Now, if that's not happiness then I don't know what happiness is. Enjoy the little things, you guys. It makes life a lot sunnier.

Sunday.
Church day! This day can be fun... if Kaden is happy. Since the new year, our ward has changed from starting at 1pm to starting at 9am, and that is right around Kaden's nap time. So, you can imagine what kind of potential this day holds for us. But it actually hasn't been too bad, there are lots of babies in our ward so Kaden is pretty distracted most of the time so he doesn't get too terribly cranky.
But after church is just peachy. It's relaxation day at the Hansen house! And on fast Sundays we hang out and eat with Josh's family, which is always lots of fun.

I feel like most of my days are pretty boring, but I think that's just the life of a stay at home mom with only one kid. Personally, I love it. I actually have time to organize whatever I've been meaning to organize for the past 6 weeks, I have time to be with and play with and teach Kaden, instead of trying to keep him busy while I go and do "more important" stuff.
I like my life, even if it's not the busy and exciting life of a career woman or a mom of twelve.

1 comment:

  1. 'Busy and exciting' have more than one definition. Your life is the very busy with raising a little person and exciting because...IT'S A LITTLE PERSON!!!!! So cool. I love reading things from you Jenni. :)

    ReplyDelete