Wednesday, February 26, 2014

30 Things Series 29

What do you think people misunderstand most about you?

I've thought about this question too much and now here I sit, not knowing what the heck to write.
But I know that in high school, everyone thought I was a snot and hated everybody because I was very quiet and didn't have much interest in making friends with most of them ( they were immature, can you blame me?) I didn't hate anybody! I was just minding my own business, that's all.

But now... I've noticed lately that lots of people don't believe me when I say things like, "I'm fine", "no, it's okay", "It's all good", you know, the types of things you say when someone offers you a glass of water or when someone apologizes for some small thing.
Lots of people will give me that skeptical look and say, "are you sure?"
Yes, I'm sure!! I wouldn't say it if I wasn't sure! I'm not much of a people pleaser, so if something bothered me, you'll know! But with that being said, I'm very easy going about small things like this, pretty low maintenance.

Maybe people don't believe me because lots of people lie about that sort of thing? You know, they're dying for a glass of water but don't want to inconvenience anybody so they say they're fine, they don't need anything. Maybe that's it.
So stop lying people! If you need or want something, just say it! Nobody is going to get mad at you. You're giving them an opportunity to serve, think of it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment