Friday, February 14, 2014

30 Things Series 26

What popular notion do you think the world has wrong?

I think there are tons of notions the world has wrong, if I'm being completely honest. It's almost comical to me how opposite the world's views are.

For example:

Motherhood. 
The world's view: A waste of time.
My view: The most rewarding thing a woman can do. 

Womanhood. 
The world's view: Woman are just as good as men, therefore we need to act like men to prove that. We need to do what men do to prove ourselves. 
My view: Men and women are equal. But different. We have different strengths and weaknesses, that's why we were born to do different things. 

Sex.
The world's view: Casual sex is great. 
My view: Sex is sacred. And should be treated as such. 

Beauty.
The world's view: Skinny is the only way to be considered beautiful. 
My view: Beauty comes in all different shapes and sizes. If you believe you are beautiful, then you are. 

Real love. 
The world's view: Men have to totally sweep women off their feet. No arguments can occur. Real love is not hard work. 
My view: Love is commitment. Love is work. Love is accepting others' faults. Love is learning to appreciate others more and more every day. Love is service. 

What a world we live in! Hide your kids, hide your wife! The world will get better...eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment