Monday, February 3, 2014

30 Things Series 20

Describe three significant memories from your childhood.

I wish I was a kid again!

Memory #1: The first one I thought of was my very first piano lesson. I was 4 years old and my grandma let us have lessons at her house because she lived right next door to us and she had a fancy shmancy baby grand piano. I remember the first thing I ever learned was where middle C was. Then she (I don't remember her name) taught me the names of the lines and spaces on the treble clef. It was a magical day indeed.

Memory #2: Something else I remember was one summer it was raining really hard, and that's a very exciting thing for Las Vegas. And something me and my dad liked to do was watch the rain from the garage, we would just open the garage door, set up some chairs and just watch the rain.
I remember hearing the rain and heading straight for the garage to watch and I opened the garage door and my dad is already there with our golden lab, so I sit down on the floor with Cairo (the dog) and we watched and watched and watched. I love rain, it's so calming.

Memory #3: I guess this memory is a little silly, and I'm not sure why I remember it so vividly but I remember on Easter one year we were having an Easter egg hunt in the backyard, I think I was around 5 years old or so. There I was, little 5 year old me with my little Easter basket and I had a good number of eggs in my basket (I was very proud of myself), and my brother (he was 6) walks right up to me, looks in my basket, a takes my eggs! I was outraged! So I look at him, fill my lungs with as much air as I possibly can, and scream, "MOM!!!!!!!!!"
Then my mom comes out all panicked, "What's wrong? What's going on?"
"JOSH TOOK MY EGGS!!!!!!!"
My mom lets out this sigh of relief then says, "Josh, give Jenni back her eggs."
So he did, then ran off to find more eggs.
And that's my memory. I have no idea why I remember that, but there you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment